You load your dishwasher with utensils and they come out clean from it. Be careful with what you should load and which dish should not be put in that can destroy your dishwasher. Refer to the list below
1. Sharp Things – Putting knives and other sharp objects are prohibited from loading in the dishwasher. It can damage your hands while trying to load in or taking them out once they are cleaned. It is always recommended to wash such things by hand.
2. Non-stick pots and pans – Unless you have clear instructions from the manufacturer that the dishwasher is safe for washing utensils with non-stick coating, you should load them in the dishwasher. The process of dishwashing used by a washer can destroy the non-stick coating and it will ruin your dish.
3. The metallic decoration used in Chinese clay – There are dishwashers invented which allows china dishware as well, but if there are metallic decorations done on the dishes then they should be washed in the dishwasher. Since it may damage the decoration. You will have to be careful if you are cleaning china products in the dishwasher since it may get chipped off when it comes in contact with other utensils put in together.
4. Milk glasses – There are pop semi-opaque milk glasses available in the market and if they are cleaned in the dishwasher then the chances are quite high that the white colour will turn yellow soon. Use hands to wash such items and keep them new for long.
5. Pressure cooker lids – Cooker lids should not be washed in the dishwasher since the detergent or food particles can get clogged in the safety valve. Consider washing them with soap and warm water by hand. Also, don’t put the top back on the cooker when it is still wet since it may get jammed and the pot can go waste.
6. Aluminium cookware – The hot water in the dishwasher can harm the surface of the aluminium cookware whereas the detergent can also dull its shine. Apart from the damaged finish, they may also mark other dishes that are put in along with them. Be sure to have a look at the instructions first as to which kind of utensils are best cleaned in it.
7. Things with paper labels – Dishwashers can remove or loosen the paper labels that are present in bottles and jars. These labels can get clogged in the dishwasher itself or can stick to other utensils creating a mess all over.
8. Many plastic utensils – Don’t use any kind of plastic items in the dishwasher unless it is mentioned that the item is dishwasher safe. The plastic dishes should always be kept in the top rack since the heat present below can melt them.
Keep your dishes clean and your dishwasher in working condition by taking proper care and following the instructions regarding its usage. Using it appropriately and according to the instructions will clean your dishes efficiently and less time taken.…Read More